Saturday, April 13, 2024

Checklists & Miscellaneous Cards

Each of the Philly Gum sets (from 1964 to 1967) had 2 series, and a total of 198 cards.  As expansion teams were added in '66 and '67, they just decreased the number of cards per team.

I got both of these checklists a few months ago. They are as-is, and don't indicate which cards I have. 

 
The Philly Gum set also included a team photo card and a play card for each team (except the expansion Falcons). I posted both Eagles' cards in that team's post, but I don't have any others except for these 2 play cards below (and I don't expect to get the others). 
 
The top card is the Cowboys' Danny Villanueva kicking a field goal.  The other is the Lions' George Izo throwing a TD pass.

The back of each team photo card included a referee signal. Leftover signals were grouped on this Signals card (the same as in the 1967 set).  This signals card is in the worst condition of ALL my football cards.  I don't think I will replace it, as the money is better-spent on a player's card.

Next: Hall of Fame players in the 1966 set

 

No comments: