Saturday, December 23, 2023

Introduction

A funny thing happened on my way to not blogging any more.
 
Lately, I have been watching a lot of vintage football documentaries on YouTube, (all the usual Vince Lombardi tributes, and the first few Super Bowls, all of which I have seen many times), but also the history of the AFL, and individual videos about teams' histories, from their founding until the flicks were made in the early-2000s. 
 
Anyway, all of that has inspired me to complete my 1967 AFL card set, and 1966 NFL card set. In the past month I have obtained all the '67 AFL cards but Joe Namath's, and all but about 30 players in the 1966 NFL set. 
 
Unfortunately, those 30 cards include these players, and I assume the price will be through the roof for them: 
 
Johnny Unitas 
Dick Butkus 
Gale Sayers
Jim Brown 
Don Meredith 
Bart Starr 
Jim Taylor 
 
But, I think I can get all the rest without breaking the bank. 
 
(The good news is I was able to get Fran Tarkenton and Sonny Jurgensen on the cheap.)
   

2 comments:

Vintage Football Card Gallery said...

Good luck on your quest! It's good to see more vintage football out here. (Sorry if this is a duplicate. I got an error message on my first try.)

Jim from Downingtown said...

I now only need 11 more player cards:
Johnny Unitas
Dick Butkus
Mike Ditka
Gale Sayers
Jim Brown
Chuck Howley
Don Meredith
Lee Roy Caffey
Forrest Gregg
Bart Starr
Jim Taylor